My journey to a healthier lifestyle began in 1997 when I entered massage therapy school. During this time I learned the importance of lifestyle and how that will affect the way your body feels. I began practicing massage therapy immediately after I graduated in 1999. During this time I gained experience by working for chiropractors and one of the top spas in Portland, Oregon. Even though this work was gratifying, I felt a strong pull to go into business for myself. So in 2008, that is exactly what I did and I've never looked back. Working for myself has allowed me to spend more time with my clients to give them the attention that they deserve. I believe that by making good lifestyle choices and by making massage a regular part of our lives, we can live a more fulfilling, balanced and pain-free life. Massage gives us the opportunity to quiet our minds, something that can be hard to do in this fast paced world. So not only should we be receiving massage when our muscles are achy and sore, but also when our bodies feel good and remember what it's like to take the time for you.
When I am not working you can find me on the rivers of the great northwest. My favorite past time is whitewater kayaking year round. I also enjoy challenging myself on a mountain bike, hiking the plethora of trails that we are surrounded by and I also enjoy a fun leisurely bike ride around Portland. And on occasion you can find me stumbling down a mountain on my snowboard.
Listed below is some of my training and experience that you may be interested in.
- graduated from The Institute for Intigrative Nutrition in New York City
- graduated from the Therapeutic Arts Program at Kishwaukee Community
College in 1999
- have accumulated well over 2000 hours of massage training
- pre and perinatal massage certified through Carol Osborne-Sheets, the leading authority on pre and perinatal massage
- over 300 hours of Thai massage training with the majority of that training being through the Naga Center here in Portland, Oregon
- trained in prenatal Thai massage through the Naga Center
- 2 years experience working with Chiropractors
Located in North Portland
6555 N. Fenwick Avenue
Portland, Oregon 97217
By appointment only